At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Infrastructure team in Elastic Engineering sits underneath the Elastic product stack and support many efforts in the company at large. Primarily we’re software developers that handle state — CI specifications, cloud resources, integrations between teams. The Elastic Stack is built on our infrastructure and we touch everything needed to get it there. We also do software consulting around the organization to put our products to use for our own business.
What you'd be responsible for
- Develop tooling to facilitate the building and shipping of the Elastic Stack
- Develop and support production services related to all aspects of the Elastic business, including our downloads, Docker registry, maps service, and much more.
- Support internal use of the Elastic Stack for software development and analytics.
- Site-Reliability Engineering: We are an operations team. We solve problems with code, but fundamentally we keep things working. You may have worked as an SRE.
- Service-Oriented: Multiple years hands-on experience administering Linux, preferably with distributed systems with some scale. You've maybe help run a SaaS platform.
- Infrastructure-as-code: You may have experience automating production Linux systems collaboratively, deriving configuration through version control, and are proficient in some of Docker, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Habitat, Dhall, Terraform, Packer, your own shell scripts. Maybe you've thrown half of that away and use Kubernetes. We do that too.
- You have a strong desire to automate and monitor.
- You have a desire to build reusable software components. You’ve likely created an open source library for your favorite language, or at least made a meaningful contribution to one.
- You enjoy a versioned workflow, representing your work in git, motivated by a GitHub workflow through issues and pull requests.
- You have a healthy knowledge of Linux (have compiled your own kernel at some point, know how to trace syscalls, understand TCP, care about the difference between sysvinit/runit/systemd, etc.) You don't have to know everything, but be motivated to solve problems like these.
- You love open source development, and have committed to some project somewhere (doesn’t have to be ours), whether mailing lists, patches, documentation, etc.
- You enjoy working with a distributed company and the active, asynchronous communication it requires.
- You love a diverse environment, working with men and women all over the world. You believe that a diverse company is a better company.
- You are willing to listen and give everyone at the table a voice.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.